Thursday 19 May 2011

....On and on and on and....

...On....
...its getting bigger, but not getting bigger fast enough, i do sometimes wish my little hands could churn through some of my projects that bit faster, but then one must,.. 'take time to smell the roses',.. so to speak, so here's a couple of up to date piccies of my latest blanket, and also a couple of piccies of the other project that i have been working on along side it.....


...I'm still in two minds about this blanket, sometimes i like it and then sometimes i just don't, the reason i started it was i was flicking through a 'toast' catalogue a couple of years ago and there was a large handmade crochet blanket in it, also made from just four or five colours like mine and it really looked lovely and i wanted to buy it until i noticed the price that was something like £300 pound, so i decided i would make my own based on the same sort of colours and patterning, I'm sure when i have finished it i will be pleased with it, i am just an unbelievably impatient person.......

.....and now the other thing that i am working on, but this time i am in a bit of a squandry with this one.....i have been very merrily crocheting away these lovely little flowers and i have been really enjoying doing them,.... the trouble is.....i haven't the slightest idea of what i am exactly making!?.....
....i really really don't.....
....so....bloggy friends, any suggestions would be much appreciated,....i know it all sounds a bit dippy minded to not even know what i am making, but i have been so engrossed in making these lovely flowers that i hadn't even thought about where i was going with it.....

...lovely, lovely Japanese flowers...


....i have to say, these are really really addictive to make, as you can see,but.....what is it?
...I did think that i would make a shawl, but that just doesn't feel right, and then i thought i would just make yet another blanket, but i don't think i want that either....so you see, i need help....

....HEEEEEELLLLPP...
...Pixie xx...






3 comments:

  1. Love the colours you are working with, they are very much to my taste.
    I know your dialemma, a few years back, I started making hexagons, not knowing what they were going to be. In the end my friend suggested they might become a "sofa warmer".
    If you don't want another blanket, can you join them somehow tomake a little lacy jacket? or a wrap for your head when it's windy? I shall rack my brains today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pixie, your blanket is looking gorgeous!! Lovely cosy colours. I am no help at all when it comes to your flowers because I am in the exact same predicament. I have made a pile and haven't a clue what they will be used for! So much fun though. Oh meant to say I bought a pile of white yarn for the first time and can't wait to use it. Your lovely hexagon blanket has totally inspired me! Have a fab weekend hon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pixie, love the blanket you are making, such warm colours.
    I've also got one on the go, and do as much as a I can every now and then when the mood takes me!
    Love those japanese flowers, I remember when everyone started making them but I never got around to it, so not sure what to suggest - I have seen a great table runner made from them, seemed to suit the shape of them - or a hexagon shaped cushion cover??
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete