Thursday 23 June 2011

....A first attempt at....

....paper mache.....................well, maybe not my very first attempt...i did make 'mary queen of scots', at infant school...........which my mum still has a photo off, and on reflection my skills as a paper mache artist were really quite bad...so...i think i can probably safely say that this is my first 'proper' attempt at something i have always kept away from, purely from my infant school failings..........
..Anyway...moving on......i want to introduce you to a very talented crafter...Ann Wood, she has very kindly given us a template to make one of her lovely...cups....heres my 'not very good' atttempt.....

...Firstly, get yourself an empty cereal packet and cut out the template......


.....then, fold it into cup shape, stick, and then paint.........as you can see my paper mache is a bit lumpy bumpy......


.....then, decorate as you like.......i like bugs and insects so i have gone for something mothy..... i have collaged on some cut out images and stuck them in place, this is as far as i have got with the cup so far, but i think i will hand paint on some flowers and leaves inbetween the bugs......


.....I have just been over to Anns site to get an image or two of her marvelous creations to show you, and since me making mine she has had some very upsetting information regarding another blogger stealing her creation and passing it off as there own, Ann very kindly shares these tutorials with us all to have a go and i just want to support her by getting other crafters to go and see her wonderful site.........and also......"thank you Ann for your very kind sharing and allowing us to join in with you"..kind regards Pixie  xx


2 comments:

  1. OOh what marvellous fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh I am squealing with delight here.. I do so LOVE paper mache.. and I love the idea of making a tea cup.. maybe I shall make some when school finishes in the summer and I have extra time on my hands.
    As for the horrible situation regarding Anne, the lady who made the original pattern.. it's a huge shame that others steal ideas.. but, a horrible reality when everything on the internet is so accessible. I love her site though.. it's fab.

    Pixie.. you should make a whole set! Wouldn't they look lovely, hanging from hooks on an old dresser or sitting on saucers... x

    ReplyDelete