Friday 24 June 2011

...A quick bit of nifty thriftyness...

....being thrifty is what its all about for me, i just love revamping..... unpicking.... restitching.... and making things new again from things that we no longer need....so today i wandered up to see my mum and to collect some old Amano jumpers that she was only to happy for me to take away so that she might have a bit more space in her cupboards...... i just couldn't wait to get started when i got back home, so here's what i did.........................................

........First i cut the sleeves of the jumper......

....then i decided that i wanted to keep the cutting to the absolute minimum, seeing as this was handmade and i didn't want it to come all unravelled, so i did a bit of nifty (that's were the nifty bit comes in) folding and tucking here and there, stuck some pins in here and there also to hold it all together..............then..


.....went aaaaall around the outside with a bit of crochet......


.....and then went aaaaall around the outside again this time adding a little picot bobble (my favourite)..


.....stuffed a cushion pad inside it...
.....and....
............TAH DAHHHHHHH.........



......i am in love with my new cushion, and to think i have two other jumpers to use as well.........
......Thanks mum.....
xx Pixie xx


6 comments:

  1. OOH you're so clever! I have cushion envy :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I will look in the charity shops for jumpers and then try this (must be careful, my list for things to find is growing!)
    Anyhoo, this is a lovely blog- love your wool photos and your paper mâché cup- so am off to get a cuppa and have a good read.
    Am also your newest follower so I don't miss out.
    If you get the time, do pop over and visit me. I love all things crochet, crafty and thrifty too!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Pixie! Your cushion is fabulous! What an absolutely brilliant idea - you clever girl. I hope you are getting that little burst of pride every time you look at it - totally deserved. Have a fab week hon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pixie!

    I love pillows, and the one you made is absolutely darling! How clever! It gives me an idea...... Also, I see you made a lovely little cup from Ann Wood's pattern. I really have wanted to give that a try, but hadn't gotten to it yet. And Pixie, thanks so much for your sweet comment to my bday post. I wasn't really sure I would post that ramble, but comments from blogging friends like you, make life so much more full, fun, and interesting!!! You inspire me!
    xo
    dulcy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! Love your new cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely adore these cushions... what an amazing thing to do with jumpers which may have ended up in the charity shop or folded up in a cupboard and never seen again!

    Absolutely love it!!!! Sigh.. you are so creative with your needles and hooks... I on the other hand feel like I might hyperventilate if I see a knitting needle lol xxx

    ReplyDelete