Wednesday 13 July 2011

.....Keeping it simple......

....Yes...'keeping it simple'...is my new motto at the moment....
....when it comes to my crocheting ventures i always seem to end up with the project turning into some mammoth job that takes an eternity to finish...the enjoyment in the making starts to wain and then what started to be exciting and fun turns into a drawn out 'gotta get it finished', kinda project................

......................well not now.....well.................not at the moment anyway..........................i am taking a break from big projects and making smaller more 'quick fixer' projects instead....................much more satisfying.....................well for the time being anyway.......so, moving on then to my 'quick fix' projects of the week.....yep', you heard that right , 'just one week', to produce two very yummy crochet items.............................here is the first...............


...............Taken from my lovely new Japanese crochet book...................here's the picture in the book.....

.......now here's mine......


....I'm very pleased with how it turned out....lovely and pretty.........here's some more pictures......



......OK.......now, i know its summer but i am an Autumn, winter gal, so my thoughts have been on Autumn projects.........so my other addiction/obsession , (along with the magazines/catalogues/wool/carob coated peanuts and curry).............................is..............



............Scarves and shawls...............i have loads of them.......hung on this, draped over that, all over the house....................................so i made another in the good old granny style that we all love........



...............its very difficult photographing yourself isn't it?..................






........well there you have it......crochet yumminess........i really think i may now have another addiction  to 'Japanese crochet books',.............

....Also....i forgot to show you something a couple of weeks back......

............Mr Pixie each year, well...for the last four....has been going to the Glastonbury festival, and when he's there he buys me a handmade piece of pottery...i now have four pieces.....and they are just wonderful........totally handmade and hand painted......take a look............





.....aren't they lovely...i just love handmade things.....

......anyway, take care everyone, wherever you all may be, and have a wonderful weekend.....Pixie x x x

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness your hanger is absolutely beyond gorgeous! It looks so intricate and amazing. You'll have to whip up a whole wardrobe full now! And your shawl - well it's just beautiful. I think you can never have enough shawls and scarves - well that's what I try and tell myself as the pile keeps growing in my wardrobe! They're just such a lovely, quick, rewarding project. Have a fab weekend hon. Can't wait to see your next beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this is just the best post ever! #1: I love that shawl! Where can I get the pattern? #2: your hanger is marvelous... you really dove right into that Japanese crochet book and got started.... Love it! #3: I just have to pass on to you, Pixie, that I only subscribe to 2 mags. They are British Country Living and Selvedge. I used to take the American CL, but it's really gone downhill over the past couple of years. Became really sort of Better Homes and Gardenish. Because I take Selvedge (Christmas present from hubby) I get the on-line edition free. I get to look at all the back issues on my iPad. Not the same as holding the mag., but still all that Selvedge wonderfulness is there. And... I really must compliment you on the look of your blog. Fabulous! Really enjoy your music samples. We're going to see Sheryl Crow tonight. She's playing at the University where my husband teaches part-time. Very excited... Have a lovely weekend!
    xo
    dulcy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... one more thing.... while perusing a back issue of Selvedge last night, I read the article on Julie Arkell. She's just a doll, and a gifted artist. Didn't you mention taking a workshop with her? Have you yet, or is that coming up soon. Lucky girl.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello! i came here via the hermitage and what drew me was...your profile picture...birkenstocks! sorry i am a real birkenstock nerd and wear my milano's every single day. and when i arrived here i was so happy to see all the beautiful crochet...yes i am a yarn/crochet nerd too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw these hangers elsewhere and I soooo want to make them, but before that I must first the Japanese book, and before THAT I must first master diagrams. No ordering before.

    ReplyDelete