Thursday 20 October 2011

....A Castle and some upcycled tweed.....

......It was such a glorious day today Mr Pixie and I poked our fingers up at the pile of washing and cleaning and decided to say ''pah'' to it all and go for a little trip to a castle.......it was just what we needed.......some fresh air, some beautiful gardens and the last resting place of the Duke of Wellington...........................................oh yes, and some tweed.....




.....Don't you just love castles.........i do.....



.....The gardens were really stunning and seemed to be never ending we were wandering through them for ages, i wanted to take some pictures inside the castle but i wasn't aloud too.


....OK.... that's enough of the castle,  now for my explanation regarding the upcycled tweed.
.....In one of my country living magazines there is a jacket that i just desperately wanted, it summed me up perfectly,  and it was a 'Cabbages and roses' jacket and this particular one cost the very over priced sum of £495..........they even said in the magazine that it was a' recycled jacket with added patches and buttons'.....well......i decided that the only way to have a jacket like this one was to hunt one down myself..............................so i did................





'Cabbages and roses...vintage tweed recycled jacket....£495'





......Pixies recycled vintage tweed jacket........£35






......Added patches and recycled buttons........and i just love it..............and people have stopped me and asked me where i got it from..............but I'm not saying.....................




......I wish i could say that this was my back garden, but i think the castle might give it away.....


.....Pixie.....
x



10 comments:

  1. £495!
    I just fell off my chair!
    Nice job with the jacket. I had to look twice, I thought for a moment the carrots were your fingers LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kath you are funny......but i see what you mean it looks like i've got scarecrow fingers.Ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's georgeous! Would work well with a cardigan. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Moly!! That is a stunning jacket - you clever girl! I am absolutely in love with it. Do you know, I think I have one of my grandad's old jackets here somewhere ... can I copy your idea please!!! You need to whip up a few more - you could make a fortune hon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you smart girl! I saw that jacket and was stunned by the price. You recreated it perfectly! I have a wool jacket that I bought new several years ago, but have not really worn all that much. Now you've got me thinking about making a change or two to it. Good work Pixie!
    xo
    dulcy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pixie, I have that picture from a spread in Country Living. I have it in my scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How can they charge that much for adding a few patches and buttons, I'm in the wrong job here! You've done a great job on your jacket, it looks just the same, well done you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Pixie that is a great match! As you know Julie Arkell loves to add little touches to her clothing and you know how cute she looks :-}
    That castle is almost cozy, hard thing to find in a castle. I am always curious about hidden rooms.

    xx Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool jacket.

    I am very envious of being able to visit castles though, we're such a young country here in NZ that there is a distinct lack of really historical buildings.

    It's the perfect backdrop for your photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pixie I hopped up and down with joy when I saw what you'd done to your jacket!!! It looks gorgeous! I've wanted to do patches and buttons for ages and you've inspired me. You know, if you'd bought the C & R jacket - you'd never have got the same feeling as you do when you wear one that you created xx good for you!

    ReplyDelete