Saturday 8 October 2011

.....Round and around......

.....The heat has finally left us and Autumn has taken a grasp so it was away with the uninspiring summer wear and out with the woolie winter wear...boots, scarves, jumpers, chunky tights and thick over the knee socks.....brilliant..........
.....Plus also, my knitting needles have been clicking away at a new Autumnal project..............remember this from a couple of posts ago..........................



.....well now its like this.....about a quarter of the way through.....

....its called ''Ships and seaside''....
.....all done on a circular needle, so i am just going round and around.....
.....and the most bestest bit is this lovely cowl pattern was designed by the magical 'Tiny owl knits'
i have bought a few patterns from this lovely lady.....i have her CD too.....so everyone, i want you drop what you are doing this very moment and go to the link and feast your peepers........
.......and then when you have done that i want you all to go out and get yourself some bamboo knitting needles and start clicking with me.....
.....this is a picture from 'tiny owl knits' of the finished cowl....

.....All knitted in ''Rowan kid classic'', so super super soft and very warm and snugly.....i can't wait to finish it.
........Happy crafting....
Pixie
x

PS.....Once you have seen Stephanies website i can guarantee you will just want to knit.....you wont be able to help yourself...x



6 comments:

  1. Pixie, I love it.
    And I think it might STILL be cold enough here to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What perfect timing to see your lovely post hon. I've just found some fabulous circular needles at the op shop (even though I'm not really a knitter I had to have them because they were vintage!) - then I see your STUNNING work!!! So now I am totally inspired to have a go at needles instead of hooks. I am definitely going to have a look at her blog as soon as I finish here. Can't wait to see yours when you've finished hon! Have a fab week - take care. Leah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to a class on Sunday, to make a felted cobweb scarf!
    Not sure I'll be able to wear it tho, as wool makes me itch :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. There must be something very meditative and magical about going 'round and round' whilst creating.. those needles make my eyes goggle.. but.. can't wait to see how it turns out. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cowl!! Well I did as I was told and clicked the link and I'm now a bit poorer as I just HAD to buy the fairy castles pattern, lol! You're a bad influence, or is that a good one for showing me fab patterns.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That scarf is adorable, timeless and cute all at the same time!

    Lorraine :-}

    ReplyDelete