Sunday 18 March 2012

.....Julie Arkell workshop...YAAAAAAAAAAAY...........

.....Hi there friends,.... yes oh yes, it has been the bestest day ever.......a '''WhOle'' day spent with Julie Arkell, and some lovely like minded ladies........

......I really cannot express enough what a brilliant day i have had.......it was just '''Wonderfuuuuuul'''''......

.....So......do you wanna see some pictures.....get ready for quite a few.......YaaaaaaaaaaaY.............

........................................GET READY FOR A BIG POST.....................................................


..........So, i think that i might first show the absolutely most glorious shop ever on the fACe Of THe EarTH....................................''''''LOOP''''''...........


.....gorgeous window display......so many scrummy woolie things here.......

........And now,  just have a look at the inside of this most amazing yummy shop......honestly, you could be in here alllllll day long and never tire of it........


.....There is colour everywhere.....




......the shop is on three levels........but down the windy staircase to the cosie basement is where the **MaGIc** happens......


......This is where we were introduced to our little creature.........Julie asked us to help ourselves to one in the paper mache trug......


......here's mine.......all nude and shivering and ready for clothes......


.....Julie had brought along a vast collection of hand written knitting patterns for '''Ears and hats and odd garments....even a pattern for knitted knickers'' !......

 
.....So i chose some ears to knit for my one.....


.....well, that's the first ear done, now i just need to do another one to match.........''oh' and here's a picture of Julie.......



.....the table was awash with all our stuff........


.......i really loved the bunny hanging from her skirt....i must have a go at making one of these.....


.....here's a closer look, you cant really see it in that picture.....


.....OK, so back to my critter........there were vintage suitcases with old materials in and bags and bags of yarn for us to choose what we wanted to dress our creatures in......there was so much to choose from......so instead of me waffling, here it all is in pictures......






......and here's my little critter all finished...... i am so so in love with her i cant tell you, she will be a  companion forever...........a wonderful memory of a great day.....


......and i think a lovely group shot of them all together at the end..........don't they look just wonderful.....



.......the bestest mothers day ever..........and i will most definitely will be booking in for another of these amazing workshops.....

.....Pixie....
x



21 comments:

  1. Oh I love them all! It looks like such a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post. I love love love Julies work. The shop looks amazing and I think your creature is beautiful. I have a JA workshop coming up soon. I can hardly wait. Thanks for sharing. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely day you had, good job I don't live near London I would never be out of that shop, I have booked to go on one of her courses in September at the Cowslip Workshop in Devon and after looking at your photos I am really looking forward to it. What you made was so sweet.
    have a lovely week.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow, wow! This is the workshop you've been waiting ages for isn't it? It looks as if it was truly well worth the wait. How utterly magical. I have to say that I was beyond jealous at the first few pics, so you can imagine how crazy jealous I was when I saw your beautiful creation! I adore the wee shawl soooo much. I also love the group pic of your beautiful works. A really perfect day.
    Leah
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie arkell workshop!!!!! how amazingly wonderful- what an inspirations and a creative genius - i bet it was a wonderful day!...love your little rabbit figure...the class were very talented! love your little ones clothing...xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That post blows me away. lucky you. thanks for sharing .hesta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh what an incredible day,surrounded by all that gorgeous colourful yarn and
    an incredible workshop I am soooooo jealous it looks as if you had a really wonderfull day and to meet Julie Arkell as well. Your creation is so cute and
    I love her little shawl - a lovely reminder of a day spent creating. Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you had such fun! Love all the little people lined up there :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK....I just have to say those are sooooo cute all lined up there! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mouth was agape through this whole post while taking in all of the awesome!! What an amazing workshop! Your little critter is sooooo cute!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pixie.... I saw this post yesterday and saved it so I could read it when I had time to just drool over all the lovely shots of the shop, your class, your piece, EVERYTHING! I've been wondering when this was coming up.... That cute little bunny that Julie is wearing made me dig out some of my mom's old tiny handmade dolls, and I have the perfect little bunny girl wearing a hat that I'm going to put on a string to wear. I'll post it later. Love, love, love your little quirky dolly! Especially like that she is wearing a tiny knitted shawl. So sweet! Fun post!
    xo
    dulcy

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous day with Julie ... it was almost like I was there too ... almost ... well not really, in fact, it's just made me feel pea-greeeeeeeeen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like my sort of day, lucky you... And what a fabulous collection of little souls you all made. Thanks for sharing your day!! Smiles Cass x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Pixie.. I live in a wee cottage on the west coast.. with my wonderful husband and 5 cats..my home is filled with antiques and flea market finds.. I talk to plants and small creatures. I paint 2 diminsional characters full time and decorate part time..
    I enjoyed your blog very much. Your 3 diminensional characters are wonderful.!! I am going to really like visiting here. I think we live in parallel universes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a wonderful collection of individuals all lined up........how much fun was that workshop?

    I would looooove to be part of one but sadly, I'm on the wrong side of the globe!!
    So much fun getting together with other crafty people and enjoying a day of 'making'

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow...1. What a great shop. If I went there I would have fainted. 2. What a fab looking lady. 3. I absolutely love the little critters, so cute.
    Glad you had a wonderful day.x

    ReplyDelete
  17. ohhhh what an amazing day!
    and that shop...*sigh*

    the critters are just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful post! Love all the photos....made me feel like I was there..(almost). Four of us are taking her workshop in France this summer. So a little preview for us. I'd better practice my knitting though....
    Love your creation....great outfit...so cute all lined up with the others!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you had a super day. I have attended a few courses at Hope and Elvis and will be meeting Julie again very soon. She is very inspirational isnt she. I am also lucky enough to own one of her creatures who is complete with knitted knickers. Pop over to my blog and take a peek she is on my header. Glad I found your blog its fab.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I nearly wet myself with excitement when I saw you'd been on a Julie Arkell workshop!! Fabulous pictures, I'm very envious of you as the class I saw advertised is on while I'm away on holiday. Love your figure it's wonderful, Lucey x

    ReplyDelete
  21. :) These made me smile.

    Good for you finally got your workshop! Yours is so cute, great selection of patterns you selected.

    xx Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete